Steps to Do Matsyasana (Fish pose)
- Bend the right leg and keep the right foot on the left thigh.
- Bend the left leg and place it on the right thigh.
- With the help of your elbows lift the back, arch the back maximum and rest the crown on the ground.
- Hold the big toes with the hands.
Simple Fish Pose
- Keep the legs straight on the ground, arch up the back and the rest crown on the ground.
- Breathing normal. Concentrate on the crown or throat or root of the spine.
Limitations of Matsyasana
People with heart problem, peptic ulcer, hernia, severe back condition also pregnant women should not attempt for the practice.
Benefits of Matsyasana
As it is the complimentary to Sarvangasana, it is enhances all the benefits of it. It refreshes after heavy deskwork. Good for diabetes, asthma, cold, cough etc. Pituitary and pineal glands, located in the brain are stimulated and toned. Moods, emotions and stress are regulated. If practice with cross-legged pose, it prevents loss of prana through the lower limbs.
Check Points of Matsyasana
- Body should not fall flat on the ground.
- Don’t lift the buttocks.
- Knees touch the ground.
- Crown rest on the ground, not back of the crown.
- Holding the big toes one can bend the elbows downwards gently.