How to do
- Bend the legs at the knees and keep your heels just near the buttocks. Have little gap between the feet.
- Hand stretch over the head bend them at elbows, palms rest beside the neck, fingers pointing towards the body.
- Lift the buttocks from the ground.
- Strengthen the arm lifting the head and shoulder; keep the head in between the arms. Give the head upward push at the back.
- Hold comfortably with the normal breath.
- Concentrate on the spine and Manipur Chakra.
Limitations of Chakrasana (Wheel Pose)
H.B.P; Hypertension, heart ailment, weak wrist and arm, during pregnancy and when feeling too much tired one should not attempt Chakrasana or Wheel Pose.
Benefits of Chakrasana or Wheel Pose
Chakrasana is beneficial to the nervous, digestive, respiratory, cardio vascular and glandular systems. It influences all the hormonal secretions and relieves various gynaecological disorders. It clears the respiratory track. A feeling of lightness and freshness is evolved.
Thing to check while doing Chakrasana or Wheel Pose
Arch the body as much you can. Don’t raise the heels of the ground. Don’t strain and struggle to come to the final position. Face relaxed. Shoulder relaxed